Saying goodbye to UK government
Posted 26th August 2020
Monday marked my last day working on the UK government’s digital services, after two and a half years. It has been an amazing experience, and I’ll really miss it, but it’s time for a new adventure (more on that soon!).
I always seem to start drafts of posts like this when I pass a significant milestone, and most never see the light of day as I try to do the event proper justice and the pressure piles on. So I’m going to keep this one short and sweet.
Over the last 2½ years, I’ve:
- worked with some exceptionally talented people
- made a couple of real friends
- taken countless walks to the Amble Inn coffee shop for a latte and a chat
- laughed a lot
- learned a lot
- helped turn a neglected and wouldn’t-touch-it-with-a-bargepole product into one to be really proud of
- enjoyed teaching HTML, accessibility, CSS, and prototyping in code
- shared the shock and sadness of losing a close colleague suddenly
- worked in a centre that truly cares about its people, whether civil servants or contractors; a team is a team!
Thanks for having me!