The things I’m up to right now
- Following the Christmas weekend of laziness and overindulgence, I’m:
- getting back to avoiding sugary treats (my mum’s chocolate cheesecake was too good to resist…)
- abstaining from alcohol again; after a few days of even a pretty modest 12-ish units per day, I’m sleeping better and feeling less sluggish in the mornings
- restarting my daily 5 kilometre run (even after only a few days off it has felt harder than normal; both the run itself and motivating myself to do it)
- Still taking a cold shower every morning, although with winter’s arrival the water is too cold to stand still in without giving me brain freeze…
- Keeping up the morning press-ups
- Happy to have gotten my COVID-19 booster but still steering clear of busy places and socialising indoors; probably mostly out of habit, as I normally only leave the house to exercise
- Starting to prefer my standing desk to sitting
- Having played (rhythm) guitar for over two decades, I bought myself a bass and am getting very into theory, which I thought would never happen!
This page was inspired by Derek Sivers’ nownownow.com.